Mr. Okinaga is and has been an associate and partner for 36 years in the Honolulu
office of Carlsmith Ball LLP and is a member of its Executive Committee.
He concentrates in the areas of financial services, corporate, and administrative (including regulatory)
law. Mr. Okinaga has developed this expertise since he began his practice in representing financial
institutions, corporations, partnerships and individuals. Mr. Okinaga
regularly advises clients on business matters and supervises the firm’s litigators in those
clients’ disputes. He regularly deals with federal and state regulatory bodies
representing those clients. Mr. Okinaga is a graduate of the University of
Hawaii and the Georgetown University Law Center.
- Former Vice Chair, Consumer Advisory Council to the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System
- Former member, Advisory Council, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco
- Former appointed member, Federal Savings and Loan Advisory Council to the Federal Home Loan Bank Board
- Former Member, National Advisory Council, U.S. Small Business Administration
- Member, Consumer Financial Services Committee, American Bar Association Business Law Section (since 1974)