Bank Deposits and Operations
Ted Teruo Kitada is a Senior Company Counsel in the Law Department of
Wells Fargo Bank, National Association, providing advice and guidance on many payment
matters, including primary payment systems (wire transfers, checks, ACH, and
prepaid and debit cards); deposit services and products; bank operations; Check 21;
image exchange arrangements; mobile banking; electronic banking; unclaimed property;
and compliance with a variety of state and federal laws and regulations relating
generally to bank deposits and operations.
Mr. Kitada received his B.A. from Stanford University (Magna Cum Laude and Phi Beta Kappa),
his J.D. from the University of California, School of Law, Berkeley, and a Masters in
Regional Studies-East Asia from Harvard University.
- The Clearing House Payments Law Committee, member, co-chair 2015; chair 2016.
- Federal Reserve Board Faster Payments Task Force Legal Criteria
Work Group, August 20, 2015, to October 15, 2015.
- Effective August 17, 2015, a member of the legal group supporting the Federal
Reserve’s Faster Payments Task Force, a group representing all stakeholders in
the payments industry to help identify approaches to creating a better, faster, and
safer U.S. payments system.
- California Bankers Association, Legal Affairs Committee; member 1984-1997;
Chair, 1990-1992; 2005 to present; Chair 2007 to present.
- Financial Institutions Committee of the Business Law Section, State Bar of
California, member, 1998-2004; secretary, 2001-2002; co-chair, 2002-2003; chair, 2003-2004.
- Executive Committee of the Business Law Section, State Bar of California, member,
2004 to 2007.