Len is a member of the Financial Industry Group and a member of Financial Services Regulatory Group. Len founded and chairs the firm’s Financial Services Regulatory Group and concentrates his practice in the representation of banks, thrifts, mortgage bankers and finance companies in providing consumer credit compliance advice on federal, Pennsylvania and New Jersey laws and regulations. The FSR Group addresses credit card, auto finance, deposit, residential mortgage and other retail finance products. Len is nationally known for expertise with federal Truth-in-Lending Act, Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act and similar laws, and works regularly with federal and state financial services regulators.
He and his colleagues also defend class actions and individual claims filed against financial services providers. Len is also active with the firm's Financial Services Litigation defense group and has been elected to the American College of Consumer Financial Services Attorneys.
Len is a graduate of the University of Pennsylvania and Temple University School of Law.
- In 2009, New Jersey Super Lawyer, and Rising Stars named Leonard as a Super Lawyer for his Banking Law practice.
- Selected as a 2009 Pennsylvania Super Lawyer in banking by Super Lawyers, Corporate Counsel Edition magazine
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America for Banking Law for over 10 years
- Recognized in Chambers USA 2007 as one of America’s leading banking and finance (regulatory) lawyers
- Founder of the New Jersey State Bar Association Consumer Finance Committee
- Past chair of the New Jersey State Bar Association’s Banking Law Section
- Past chair of the Philadelphia Bar Association Business Law Section and Young Lawyers Division
- Elected to the American College of Consumer Financial Services Attorneys
- Governing Committee of the Conference on Consumer Finance Law
- ABA Consumer Financial Services Committee
- Former President, Adath Israel Synagogue, 2003 – 2005
- Board Member, Support Center for Child Advocates
- Board Member, American-Israeli Chamber of Commerce