Mr. Rohner is professor of law emeritus and former dean of The Catholic University of America
School of Law where he has taught commercial and consumer law since the 1960s. In 1975-76
Professor Rohner served as staff counsel to the Consumer Affairs Subcommittee of the U.S.
Senate Banking Committee. He has been a consultant to the Federal Reserve Board,
the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation, and various trade associations and institutions,
and for many years he served as special counsel to the Consumer Bankers Association.
A co-author of a law school casebook on consumer law and editor/co-author of a
treatise on truth in lending, he has written and lectured extensively on the
federal and state consumer financial services laws. Mr. Rohner earned
both his B.A. and J.D. from the Catholic University of America.
- Life Member, American Law Institute
- Board Member, Conference of Consumer Finance Law
- Member, ABA Business Law Section, Committee on Uniform Commercial Code and Committee on Consumer Financial Services Law
- Founding Fellow, American College of Consumer Financial Services Lawyers
- ACCFSL Lifetime Achievement Award 2011