Mr. Tomkies is a partner with Dreher Tomkies Scheiderer LLP. He advises banks, thrifts, finance companies, card issuers, mortgage lenders, marketers, servicers, debt buyers, debt collectors, servicers and investors on a variety of issues, including strategic and corporate planning, lending program development, forms preparation and review, marketing, servicing and debt collection, e-commerce, privacy, federal and multistate regulation and compliance, chartering and licensing, regulatory and legislative matters, and acquisitions.
He has authored numerous articles on interstate lending, bank regulation and debt collection frequently speaks on a variety of consumer financial services topics.
- Governing Committee, Conference on Consumer Finance Law
- Law Committee, American Financial Services Association (Counsel to Payment Card Subcommittee)
- Former Chair, ABA Preemption and Federalism Subcommittee of the Consumer Financial Services Committee
- Founding former Chair; ABA Joint Task Force on Preemption
- Former Vice-Chair, ABA Publications Subcommittee of the Consumer Financial Services Committee
- Former Vice-Chair, ABA Retail Banking Subcommittee of the Banking Law Committee
- Member, ABA Business Law Section, Banking Law Committee
- Member, ABA Business Law Section, Consumer Financial Services Committee
- Member, Ohio State Bar Association
- Member, Columbus Bar Association