Roland E. Brandel is active primarily in the field of consumer financial services and financial institution regulation. In addition to regularly advising clients in this field, he has been directly involved in many federal legislative and regulatory efforts affecting the field in the past 40 years. Mr. Brandel has had primary responsibility for joint efforts in the financial services industry in development of products such as bankcards, electronic fund transfer systems and other innovative lending and value transfer services. He is the author of several books and numerous articles. Mr. Brandel is a graduate of Illinois Institute of Technology and University of Chicago Law School. He received the ACCFSL Lifetime Achievement Award in 2004.
- Charter Member, Consumer Advisory Council, Federal Reserve Board
- Former President, American College of Consumer Financial Services Lawyers
- Former Chair, Committee on Consumer Financial Services, ABA Section of Business Law
- Former Member, Council, ABA Section of Business Law
- Former Chair, Business Law Section, State Bar of California