Roberta joined Reed Smith in 2009. Roberta is one of the most experienced bank regulatory and consumer compliance lawyers in the country, having many years of in-house service at PNC, Mellon and Advanta. Her practice focuses on banking law specialties such as OFAC/Bank Secrecy Act; Internet banking; Fair Credit Reporting; FACT ACT/Privacy: Electronic Banking; Credit Card law, cash management and merchant bank processing, deposit account products, bank mergers and acquisitions and much more. Roberta is currently supporting Reed Smith’s financial services litigators with substantive banking law analysis.
Ms. Torian is a member of Reed Smith’s Executive Committee for 2015.
- Fellow, American College of Consumer Financial Services Lawyers
- Chair, International Subcommittee, Consumer Financial Services Committee, American Bar Association
- Chair, Internet Banking/Electronic Delivery Subcommittee, American Bar Association
- Co-Chair, Corporate Governance Subcommittee, American Bar Association
- Co-Chair, Deposit Account Control Task Force, American Bar Association
- Former Chair, Legal Affairs Advisory Committee, Pennsylvania Bankers Association
- Philadelphia Bar Association