Mr. Jaffe is a partner in the Palo Alto, California office of Mayer Brown LLP,
where he has a state and national practice concentrating in matters relating to consumer and commercial
finance, financial services, privacy, real estate, technology and general business law.
He has served as in-house General Counsel of a national mortgage banking firm headquartered
in California and as in-house Senior Counsel of two savings associations and a savings and loan
holding company. He advises consumer and commercial finance and financial institution clients
in all aspects of the primary and secondary markets, including licensing, transactional,
regulatory, privacy, technology and loan administration matters.
He is a graduate of the University of Pittsburgh and University of San Diego School of Law.
- Fellow, American College of Consumer Financial Service Lawyers
- Former Chair and current member, Mortgage Bankers Association of America Legal Issues Committee
- Former Chair and current member, California Mortgage Bankers Association Legal Services Committee
- Member, California State Bar’s Real Property and Business Sections
- Served as a member of the Financial Institutions Committee
- Served as a member of the Consumer Financial Services Committee
- Member, American Bar Association’s Consumer Financial Services Committee
- Served as Chair of its Federalism Subcommittee
- Served as Co-Chair of its RESPA Subcommittee